Saturday, December 20, 2008

Everything!

It hasn't been a week since closing, but it already feels too long. I miss everyone dearly, but I do realise that I must move on after this week, not completely, but I can't spend the time mopping around any more. For some reason, ever since the end of this show, I have felt like writing a poem. Yes, a poem. I know it sounds odd, but as a writer in training, I feel like, at least for now, I should let my heart lead the way. Close away the senses and distractions and just... write. I personally think I'm better at writing short stories rather then poems or songs (which isn't saying much in the first place) but my heart seems to want a poem, so I will definitely get to work on that.

Speaking of writing, the story my friend and I have been working on for school is completed, but bad. So we are planning on using a lot of our now free time to tweak it and hopefully have a little bit ready to test it out on people I trust, the Greenies. I know that it's not very good, but it's what I love so I know I will keep up with it. Especially if I do decide to go to the fine arts school, SPCPA. I'm still trying to decide between going there or too the high school in my district, Mounds view High School. I love Mounds view, but unfortunately, they don't have very good literature or drama programs. Normally I would jump at the chance to go to a place like SPCPA, but I already know, and have known for quite some time now, the choir director at Mounds view and he rocks! As you can probably tell, I have a good few hours trying to decide, that's if I even get excepted to SPCPA. See, you have to audition for it, depending on what you want to major there, instrument, voice, dance, theatre, and musical theatre, I think those are the five you can pick from.

I was checking up on other blogs and found that Claudia is writing another show for the Greenies and I am ecstatic! I mean think about it, another show with the same wonderful cast, written and directed by an amazing director!! I can't wait, but now I need to leave and clean... ew. I hate cleaning, but it's something that needs to be done! Oh, and to those of you who have been pushing me to get a Facebook, I think you might of won. I am now seriously considering deleting my Myspace and getting a Facebook. :D

Sylena (Regan :D)

3 comments:

T. James Belich said...

Sylena, I think it's wonderful that you are taking Greens and putting your thoughts and feelings in writing. And I do think it helps sometimes to not self-edit too much but just write (there's always time to revisit and revise later). It is difficult moving forward after an experience as wonderful as this show, but there will be new shows ahead (with hopefully some fellow Greenies). Good luck picking a high school! I am biased towards the Saint Paul Conservatory for the Performing Arts because I love Saint Paul, and because I went to Irondale which is Mounds View's big rival! :-)

Rachi said...

You are so lucky SPCPA is even an option for you! I want to go there next year really badly, but I live too far out in the suburbs. I would never be able to get there and back. But I wish you luck in choosing your high school, and if you do choose to go out for SPCPA, I hope you get in, which I know you will if you want to go there.

Claudia said...

Sylena - wonderful to read about your writing. If you ever want a sympathetic reader, you know where to find me. And writing is hard and I write a lot of bad stuff. The saying goes, "Plays (but good books, short stories, poems, etc.) are not written. They're rewritten."